The Director of Health Services (FW), Assam is responsible for implementing all centrally sponsored schemes which are funded by GOI under RCH – II programme.
The Director is assisted by:
- Joint Director of Health Services (UIP), also known as SEPIO for implementing all Immunization Programmes.
- Joint Director of Health Services (MCH), who is also the Nodal officer for Family Welfare.
- Joint Director and Principal Training Centre, is responsible for conducting on services trainings of ANM, MOs and other staffs.
- Assistant to DHS(FW) for establishment and other matters.
- The State Cold Chain Officer for maintaining an appropriate Cold Chain system to ensure Vaccine efficiency upto the end point of Immunization for vaccine safety.
- Deputy Director Nursing to oversee all nursing matters.